More and more and more running

Man, I don't really like running when I HAVE to! The days are unusually warm here, in the 70's today! I did have a lovely 2 mile run in the snow last week, it was 14 outside! I actually prefer the cold to the heat! Sat., John and I both set out to run our 5 miles! This is the most I've ever run, I think imapmyrun said it was 5.25 miles. Yikes! I really didn't think I'd make it! We did, John a bit faster than I, and then drank water. Lots and lots of water! I realized on this run that it's time to take a water bottle with me. I don't really like running while holding onto something but this was too far to not have water. Parts of my face were actually numb and once I was home I felt like I had been fasting for a week. Granted, I did only have 1/2 a cup of juice and some water before my run. Oopsie, won't do that again! I'm still struggling with my foot. I can run it's just sore. We know we don't want to spend the money on the orthotics but beyond that I'm not really sure what to do. Oh well, hopefully the Lord will show me. John is also dealing with shin splints. At least I can roll my foot out to take the pressure off of my arch, he can't do anything about it. Today was run either 2 miles or cross train. I opted for a quick run and John opted for moving bags of quickcrete! Loading, unloading, mixing and pouring. Sounds like cross training to me!

Comments