I think we can do it!

This weekend was our Marriage Retreat with church. We had a fantastic time and even got in a short 1.5 mile run in the altitude! Yes, my inhaler was a welcome friend afterward. I managed to keep a good fast pace, for me, even with the "light" air. Since John and I were helping out with the retreat we head out for Breckenridge on Thurs. Normally our "big" running day is Sat. but we didn't want to try that in the altitude. So, we rearranged our schedule and planned for our big run on Thurs. before we left. John went bright and early and ran 10.2 miles!!! I decided not to be discouraged but to try and beat him, even if only I got 10.3 miles! :-) Yep, it's true, that's how I am... Anyhow, I was all psyched out and ready... I set my mapmyrun app on my iphone and head out. It was already a tinch warm for my taste but not too warm. I thought I was at about 5 miles and was feeling good. I pulled out my iphone for a peek. It tells you how far you've run and your pace. It only said 3.09!!!! I was devastated! So, I ran what I thought was a couple more miles and pulled out my phone for another look. It STILL said 3.09 miles! Now, this is the bummer with this app. It occasionally likes to freeze on you or reset or delete your run. It's VERY frustrating! So, I kept on going hoping that I would at least beat 8 miles, the furthest I'd run so far. In my life, EVER! I thought I'd barely make it home! Once home we mapped it out online and it was 9 miles! Whew, I didn't pass John but at least I beat my personal distance record! We felt pretty good overall and are pretty confident now that we'll be able to do the half in THREE weeks!!!

Comments