Run Forrest Run!

After our annual meal at Bubba Gumps, I can't get this phrase out of my head! Last Thurs. was a Diva's 5k Fun Run. Jessi, Lucy, and I decided to go and get some free stuff. We had a blast! A few other women from church went as well along with my sisters-in law Beth and Ruth. Ruth and family were visiting from California at the time so Ruth decided to join us.

John and I are doing great with our training! Sat. was a great day for a run. Cooler and overcast! I decided this was my chance to run further than EVER! I set out to run 15 miles and ended up running 15.41 miles. Whew! I felt like my knees might pop out! I was SO sore that night and the next day. Today, two days later I don't feel too bad! I was supposed to run today but I'm giving my body an extra day of rest since I totally went WAY overboard on Sat. But, now I can say I've run over 15 miles! AND, I NEVER EVER, EVER will do it again! That was crazy! It is comforting to know that I should be able to do the 1/2 with no problems! John did 11 miles on Sat. and was also very sore. He decided to wait 'till tomorrow for his run as well. We are down to 13 days, I can hardly believe we are doing this. I'm so glad it's almost done!

Comments