Lost

A few weeks ago I lost my ring. Not my wedding ring, thank you LORD, but my blue sapphire ring that John got me for Mother's Day some years ago. I wore it every day and just looking at it would make me smile. Not only is it blue, my FAVORITE color but, it was a gift from John. Those of you that know me know that I'm a HUGE gifts person. If you want me to know you love me, get me a gift. Large, small, cheap, expensive, doesn't matter. It's the gift that counts! I was bummed for a couple days about this loss. I know it's just a wordly possesion but I was still sad. I checked and rechecked the places I had been to try and find the ring. I even left my name and number incase someone turned it in. I emptied and re-emptied my purse a zillion times. In the midst of my sadness I reflected on the silliness of being upset over something like a ring. Afterall, I could still be thankfull it wasn't my wedding ring I lost. I realized how grateful I was that I couldn't lose my salvation. I've asked Jesus to be my savior and I'll be with Him in heaven for ETERNITY! He won't ever threaten to take it away and I don't have to worry about leaving it behind anywhere. What a relief. I might have lost something here on Earth but I haven't lost my eternal gift! Thanks Lord! A few days later we got news of some dear friends going through a tragedy. The death of a baby. My friends sister was 36 weeks when she found out her baby no longer had a heart beat. We followed them through facebook and watched them walk through this horrible tragedy all the time praising the Lord. Even after she was born and they all gatherd to take pictures, they sang praises to Him. What shame I felt for being a grump over something as silly as a ring, I couldn't even praise the Lord through that and yet here was a family praising Him through the death of a daughter. My friend's status on FB was "...born into the arms of Jesus..." how beautiful. What a great reminder to focus on the things with eternal value, and let go of the things that don't. Thanks Lord for the gentle reminder of what I have to be grateful for, and for walking through the tough times with us...

Comments

Mother Superior said…
I need to call you! I got your card, thank you so much. It really touched both of us.

As I read your post I kept hoping that you were going to tell us you found your ring. I'm still hoping.
congrats! this is awesome!