How 'bout some gold bracelets...

Well, once again, we have a little thief on our hands! I think almost each of the kids at one time or another has decided to steal. Yesterday, we all went to Old Navy to spend the gift cards we got for Christmas. Even though Laura had $25 to spend plus her own cash, she stole these "sweet" gold bracelets! Once we found out, of course we had left the store, we had to go back. She was hysterical in the car, maybe bringing up that you could go to jail for stealing would have been a better conversation AFTER I made her return them! I told her I'd tell them she stole them but she had to look them in the eye and say sorry. She dried her tears and agreed. The woman that helped us was very understanding. She even shared a story about how she stole gum when she was little. Laura decided to buy the bracelets and said sorry once again. Ah, the lessons we have to teach our kids. My own eyes even watered when she said sorry! Hopefully this will be the last time we have to do this!

Comments

That's funny. Sweet girl!

John swiped a root beer barrel from Ralphs when he was like 3. He said that since they were just sitting there in the barrel, he thought he could take one. :-)
Anonymous said…
I caught Chase putting a small toy in his pocket at the Christian Book Store. We had to have that talk too, but at least we didn't walk out the door with it. Then Conner picked up a magazine at a convience store and walked out the door with it. He actually told me about it once we got in the car so I think it was truly an accident. Kids - so much fun! Terissa
Anonymous said…
I had to go back to a grocery store with Chris when he was younger. I felt terrible but I needed him to do it also. Good lessons.