THE COLORADO COLFAX HALF MARATHON!!!





How on earth did I miss blogging about this??? I even posted that blog about Homeschool Day at the Capitol after it. Maybe that's a glitch... I really am getting old! :-) Well, we DID IT! John ran it in just under 2 hours and my time was 2:37min. I was so glad it was over, I said I'd never do anything like it again. And then time passed and now we are thinking of other runs. John sprained a muscle on the side of his foot so he's gotta be off running for a few weeks. I hurt my knee, apparently an IT Band issue, so haven't run more than 2 miles. Plus, I believe I have strep throat now. Oh well, maybe the time off will be good for my knee. We'll be sure to keep you posted on any new hair brained ideas!

My mom and David arrived at the race just after John finished and they were all there to watch me finish! Jenna, Jarod and Laura all ran with me at the end, on the grass of course. John said it was a great feeling to see me finish. At about the 12 mile marker I almost completely lost it when I realized I was going to finish a half marathon!! But fortunately for me, the kids were enough of a distraction for me to forget the tears! It truly was a great feeling of accomplishment to finish the race. Not even near the feeling of Heaven when we've truly finished THE race I'm sure.

Leah was at a Jr. High girls sleepover so she missed the festivities, we were blessed though to have Mom, David and the rest of the kiddos. We got grocery bags full of goodies to bring home.

Thanks again Margo for the great inspiration to do this thing!!

Comments