Costa Rica Trip!

Hey everybody, it's Jessie! Ok, so, Costa Rica. While we were down there we surfed, did VBS, Kids Club - like Sunday School, we went to the beach with the local youth group, we played "football" in the rain vs. the locals -(ticos or ticas), it was muddy! We passed out tracks and evangelized in the streets, that was challenging since we don't speak much Spanish. It was fun, we even ran into some people that did speak English.

This is Flor, she accepted Jesus at VBS!
She gave a bracelet to me as a thank you!

On Saturday after VBS we did a Family Festival with games and candy followed by a Christian Concert. They gave an alter call and a bunch of kids came forward!

What I think the Lord was showing me on this trip was that His Love can speak through us no matter what language we speak. I got pretty close to some of the kids there and even though I don't speak their language, I'm workin' on it, and they don't speak mine, they will always have a place in my heart!






These are some girls in VBS at the art station I was working at. They made sheep to remind them of the story of the Lost Sheep in Matthew.






Hi guys, this is Lucy! Costa Rica was amazing! I met a lot of great people! I got really good at saying "no comprende Espanol" while we were there.



Here's a pic of us playing soccer with the locals. We won but we all think they let us! This picture totally captured the rain too! We were all so muddy afterwards that we just jumped in the ocean with our clothes on to wash off the mud. It's so humid down there that these clothes never dried. We brought them home a week later still wet!

VBS was a blast! We were all working really hard. Jessie helped at the art table and I helped the "pink" group as they went from station to
station. In this picture they are learning the
memory verse for the day.
This is Eden, she is the daughter of the Pastor in Tamarindo, Costa Rica. She reminded us all of Laura!
God showed me how good we really have it in the U.S. The houses are little shacks with a straw roof! Until God allowed me to lose my camera, some cash and some other things down there, I was really taking for granted the things I have and how good I have it. I was thinking during worship how the Lord gives, and the Lord takes away. Am I going to be grateful to Him no matter what? God really showed me to appreciate the things I have and to be content, no matter what, that I don't need my "things" to be blessed! ~ Lucy

Comments