Road Trip!

Since John and the two eldest are off in Costa Rica, those of us left behind took a road trip to Oklahoma to visit Granny, my Dad's mom. Despite running out of gas and Jarod barfing on the way home, it really was a great visit!

Here we are waiting for the State Trooper to return!
We ran out of gas just before our exit to see the Cathedral of the Great Plains. A wonderful State Trooper stopped and went to get us a can of gas. The whole ordeal, from the cars last sputter till we were off to the gas station was only 12 minutes! John said he was leaving me in God's hands, since he physically wasn't here to "watch" over me! I certainly felt it!
The rest of the day was uneventful and we made it to Granny's just fine!
Delilah took me on some small country roads but alas,
she didn't fail me, she got me there with no problems!
Jarod's tummy was hurting so badly he was in tears on the drive home. He was begging me to call Daddy! After calling Barbara, my resident nurse/mother-in-law, she and Steve, my father-in-law said they'd be praying for Jarod and the rest of the drive home. Shortly after, Jarod puked in a trusty zip lock bag. And then, he was fine. A little weak but he made it through the rest of the day with no problems! Thanks again Lord!

We even had a beautiful sunset awaiting us at home!

John and the girls are having a great time and will be arriving home tomorrow night just after 10:30pm. Since they didn't really have time to blog, I'm hoping to have the girls give their rendition of the trip in the next week.

Comments