Oh Canada!

The trip wouldn't have been complete without a token hand made gift for Abby. Leah and Jenna finished this one all on their own!
 
We arrived at DIA about 10:30pm Wed. night. We checked in and and promptly set out to wait for our 1:10am flight. Our new 50mm lens arrived earlier in the day and we had fun messing around with it in the airport. We even spotted Charlie the Unicorn, do you see him? We flew to Atlanta, and then to Newark. We ended up getting into Newark 30 minutes early and got the wild hair to try and go see Central Park real quick. All you people who have been to New York laugh I'm sure. We had just over 3 hours and thought we might as well give it a try. NOT. The lovely airport hospitality agent quickly informed us how unrealistic that was. And expensive, just one way on the train would have been $60. Oh well, it was fun to try at least! Then, we thought we'd try and at least get a good picture of the city, maybe even the Statue of Liberty. After riding the train between terminals a few times, and learning that you can't take photos in the airport, but you can on the train, we realized there isn't really a good view of it all from the Newark Airport. Fortunately, you could kind of see it from the plane. Not the greatest shot but hey, I saw New York and the Statue of Liberty!
 
We didn't get much sleep on the flights, I think I maybe got an hour or so, the girls and John got a little more than that. I didn't really feel it until after dinner and then the 35 hours awake hit me with a vengeance. I struggled to make it to 8:30pm at least, 5:30 back home, and fell into bed. We slept until 10am the next morning, it was fabulous!
 
Fri. was a bit cold but beautiful none the less. We went for a brisk walk and enjoyed the fall color that remains. Even though I'm sure it doesn't compare to the gloriousness it must have displayed in the last few weeks, we still thought it was beautiful. We took some fun pictures along the trail near their home.
 
And now, for the creme de la creme, ABBY! We are blessed to be here as Abby is learning to smile! It seems each day she smiles more and more. So far, this is my favorite picture of her newest trick! We hope it makes you smile back! Off to make more memories, happy Saturday! Oh, and in case you're wondering, 17 years ago today, John proposed, and he STILL doesn't regret it! Or so he says!

Comments

ruthbrooks said…
Abby is SO stinkin' cute, I almost can't stand it!!!! I'm glad you guys get to love on her, and I can't wait for my turn!!!
So we got engaged 1 day apart.......I didn't know this until now!! Keith proposed on November 6th!
Barbara said…
THANK YOU, Jaime, for the news!! I love hearing a day by day account! Abby is a darling, just like we all knew she would be! Have a great time and I hope your allergies aren't going to bother you too much!
Where did Leah's blonde hair go??? It's so dark!

Abby is gorgeous; and man does she look like a Coffman in that picture!