Wicked!

Yesterday, Nov. 15th was the last day to see the Broadway show, Wicked. We were going to go with some friends from church but realized we would be in Canada when they were going. So, I thought, we'd just get tickets when we got home. Yeah right! They were completely sold out! I was hoping to get the cheapest tickets way in the upper balcony of the theatre for $50 each. When I called the box office, they assured me, there were no more tickets. Unless, you wanted to take your chances with the lottery. Each day 2.5 hours before they show, they would take names for a lottery drawing of tickets to Wicked. Each person could chose 1 or 2 tickets. They gave away 20 tickets each show and I was told about 100-200 people were showing up, YIKES! After some thought, John and I decided even if we didn't get tickets, it'd be fun to eat downtown so we bundled up, it was snowing, and head out the door at about 4:30pm to arrive in time to put our names in. They were accepting names that night from 5:30-6pm. Well, we didn't realize with traffic and snow that it would take us 1.5 hours to arrive at the theatre. By the time John dropped me off and I tried to make it on time, we were 5 min. too late. I figured out where everything was in case we wanted to try again and found out that only about 50 people had shown up that night. Stink! John and I made our way to Spaghetti Factory for a yummy dinner and forgot about the disappointment of not making it.




Saturday afternoon we discussed, well - I begged, for the chance at going and trying one more time. After all, it's Sat. so there should be less traffic AND, it was snowing harder so maybe there'd be less people! This time we left a little earlier just in case and head back downtown. We arrived early, yea, and decided to warm up with a Starbucks drink. Thank you Lord for gift cards! We wasted the right amount of time and head back to the theatre to put our names in. I was slightly bummed to see how many more people were there that night. At least 100 showed up wearing hats, gloves and scarfs. We put our names in and waited. I wasn't going to be too bummed if we didn't make it tonight, maybe we could even try again on Sunday night. If we didn't make it, we were going to Outback to enjoy a free bloomin' onion. YUM! I'd been craving steak so I was ok with that choice. Promptly at 6pm they began calling names. I don't remember how many people had been called already but I heard it, the first name wasn't right because they stamped my hand while I was writing and the M didn't look right. Fortunately, John caught the Coffman part and I went forward to claim our tickets! Yea God! I love how He like to bless us with even little unimportant things like cheap tickets to a Broadway show. And, not only did we get tickets, but we got tickets for the 3rd row back! It was fantastic, phenomenal, amazing! It was our first experience going to a show and we completely enjoyed it! If you're in Denver, you've missed your chance but if Wicked ever comes back and you haven't seen it, we both give it a thumbs up!

Ready for our second try at winning the lottery!You can't take pictures during the show but this is before it started, we were so close you could hear their voices from the stage! You almost had to wipe their spit from your brow!

Comments