Italy, here we come!

Happy Birthday Daddy!
It took a tinch longer than I expected, imagine that!, and we were running late getting to the airport to catch our flight to Venice. We made it at just the right time, walked in, got through security, went potty, (yes we have kids...), and got in line to get on the plane. I was worried because we didn't pay the extra fee for priority boarding but we all got on and got seats together.

Imagine my surprise when we looked out the window and saw the Swiss Alps! I didn't think I'd get to see them this trip, I was so excited, Jess was by the window and took about 80 pictures of the mtns. This shot is our favorite! I think John took this one out Jarod's window. I love when God gives us these little gifts, sometimes, it's the little things in life...

We hopped right on the city bus and rode to Venice. Looking at the map I couldn't remember if I had looked up the address of the hotel or not. Delilah, our GPS system, couldn't find our hotel so we were worried that I had mixed something up. However, once off the bus, we bought our tickets for the Water bus and took it to where we thought the hotel was. We stepped off the boat and right up to our hotel, a 14th century palace that looks just like the online pics, even better! It's the Hotel Danieli in Venice for those of you that want to look it up. There's nothing like having a friend that works for Westin. Thanks Dona!


John's birthday dinner, pizza and coke sitting along the Grand Canal in Venice, what more could a man ask for?

The Bridge of Sighs at night...

Ahhh, Gelato, yum! Our goal is to eat it as often as possible!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Yummmmmmmmmmmmmm Italian Ice :)
Unknown said…
Ooooohhhhhh, Gelato!!! You're makin' a bruthuh stumble;0) Guess I gotta get down to cherry creek where I can get some of my own....